Introduction - Shoulder Pain with Internal Rotation Explained
Shoulder pain with internal rotation is a medical condition characterized by discomfort or pain in the shoulder joint when performing the movement of internal rotation. It can significantly impact daily activities and overall well-being. At IAOM-US, we aim to provide comprehensive information on this condition to help you understand its causes, symptoms, and available treatments.
Shoulder pain with internal rotation can be caused by various factors, including:
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Impingement syndrome
- Labral tears
- Shoulder instability
Individuals experiencing shoulder pain with internal rotation may exhibit the following symptoms:
- Pain or discomfort during internal rotation
- Restricted range of motion
- Weakness in the shoulder
- Shoulder stiffness
- Swelling or tenderness around the joint
Effective treatment for shoulder pain with internal rotation depends on the underlying cause and severity of the condition. IAOM-US offers a range of health and medical services, including:
- Chiropractic care: Our highly skilled chiropractors specialize in diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal disorders, including shoulder pain with internal rotation. They can provide manual adjustments, therapeutic exercises, and personalized treatment plans to alleviate pain and restore shoulder function.
- Physical therapy: Our experienced physical therapists employ various techniques, such as stretching exercises, strengthening exercises, and modalities like ultrasound or electrical stimulation, to help reduce pain, improve range of motion, and enhance overall shoulder function.
While it may not always be possible to prevent shoulder pain with internal rotation, there are steps you can take to minimize the risk:
- Practice proper posture
- Engage in regular shoulder-strengthening exercises
- Avoid repetitive or excessive movements
- Take breaks and practice ergonomics during work
- Listen to your body and address any discomfort promptly
Shoulder pain with internal rotation can significantly impact your daily life, but understanding its causes, symptoms, and treatment options is crucial for proper management. IAOM-US, through our dedicated chiropractors and physical therapists, offers comprehensive solutions for shoulder pain and various musculoskeletal issues. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and get on the path to a pain-free shoulder!